Code of Conduct & Netiquette
99s Email Networking Forums
Code of Conduct
For The 99s eNetworking Resources
Approved by the 99s International Board of Directors July 25, 2007
- The 99s eNetworking resources are email-based communication forums and other internet technologies whose purpose is to provide a forum for the educational discussion and productive exchange of information on topics pertinent to The Ninety-Nines and 99s Members. The 99s eNetworking Forums include the 99s Email Network, primarily to discuss 99s topics; the 99s Flight Training Forum, primarily for flight training, flight safety, and aviation education topics; and the Pro 99s Network, primarily for pilot career topics. All Members are encouraged to participate.
- The 99s eNetworking Forums, message archives, subscriber lists, and related resources are © Copyright The Ninety-Nines, Inc. All rights reserved.
- HOLD HARMLESS NOTICE: The opinions, advice, or instructions expressed in the 99s Website, 99s eNetworking Forums, and message archives are those of the authors and shall not be construed to represent the policies or opinions of The Ninety-Nines, Inc. Neither The Ninety-Nines, Inc., nor their members, agents, or representatives are responsible for the opinions, advice, or instructions given on the 99s Website or any 99s eNetworking Forum or message archive, or for damages that may result from any accident, incident, injury to persons or property, or any other event as a result of opinions, advice, or instruction given on The 99s Website or any 99s eNetworking Forum or message archive.
- PRIVACY NOTICE: The Ninety-Nines, Inc. will not sell, lease, rent, disseminate, or give away personal information or posted messages or archived messages, but is not responsible for unauthorized use or dissemination of this information by others or for damages that might occur from such misuse. Posted messages are at your own risk.
- Members and approved Guests may access the 99s eNetworking Forums and message archives in accordance with The Ninety-Nines, Inc. Bylaws, Standing Rules, and eNetworking Standard Operating Policies and Procedures, which include this Code of Conduct. The Ninety-Nines, Inc. reserves the right to restrict access to Guests at any time and to anyone who does not meet or maintain participation requirements or does not conform to this Code of Conduct or to The Ninety-Nines, Inc. Bylaws, Standing Rules, or eNetworking Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- In any eNetworking Forum discussion, agreement on a viewpoint is optional, but respectful discourse is mandatory. As a courtesy to everyone using the forums, please read and follow the "Netiquette" (guidelines for use). To ensure that the 99s eNetworking Forums and resources are of the greatest benefit to the greatest number of 99s members, and are in conformance with U.S. law, the following are NOT allowed at any time and may be cause for loss of access privileges and removal of posted messages:
- Violation of 99s Bylaws or Standing Rules.
- Use for commercial or political purposes.
- Posted messages that foster personal disputes or are potentially libelous.
- Posted messages that represent a potential liability to The Ninety-Nines, Inc.
- Any activity that interferes with the purpose or function of the 99s eNetworking Forums, with our 99s online community, or with another Member's participation, such as off-topic discussions or excessive posted messages, in length and/or number.
- The 99s eNetworking Committee is responsible for the administration and oversight of the 99s eNetworking Forums and similar internet networking resources on the 99s Website. For any questions regarding the 99s eNetworking Forums and archives, how to use them, the Code of Conduct or "Netiquette," or to appeal the loss of access privileges, please contact the 99s eNetworking Committee as listed in the 99s Directory or at the eNetworking email.
- Participation and/or use of the 99s eNetworking Forums, archives, and related resources implies an understanding of and agreement with these terms.
"NETIQUETTE" (or Guidelines)
For The 99s eNetworking Resources
Approved by the 99s International Board of Directors March 1, 2008
The Ninety-Nines has three eNetworking Forums for women pilots:
The 99s Email Network (sometimes called the 99s Listserv) is for the educational discussion and productive exchange of information on topics pertinent to The Ninety-Nines and 99s Members, and is for 99s Members only.
The 99s Flight Training Forum is the educational discussion and productive exchange of information on topics pertinent to flight training, flight safety, flight currency, aviation education, women pilots participating in these activities, and the related activities of The Ninety-Nines and 99s Members. For 99s Members and approved Guests.
The Pro 99s Network is for the educational discussion and productive exchange of information on topics pertinent to pilot careers, women in professional pilot careers, and the related activities of The Ninety-Nines and 99s Members. For 99s Members and approved Guests.
When participating on the 99s eNetworking Forums, please use proper "Netiquette" as follows:
- Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct.
- Out of respect for the forum sponsor, The Ninety-Nines, please limit announcements about non-99s activities and opportunities to a very brief mention and a web link or email address where more information is available. If you are uncertain about whether your post is appropriate, kindly ask first.
- Post appropriate messages to the appropriate network - no cross-posts to all the networks, no off-topic discussions, and no virus warnings or forwarded jokes, please.
- When replying to a network message, do NOT copy the entire original message. Keep only the relevant text and delete the extraneous text before sending, or turn off this feature in your email software, or start with a new message.
- Remember that when you post a message or reply to a posted message, it will go to all the subscribers in the network. If you intend your message to be private, change the 'TO' field to the correct email address.
- If you are initiating a new topic of discussion, put the new topic in the 'SUBJECT' field of your message.
- Photos, graphics, and file attachments will not be forwarded. To transmit information that's in a file, cut and paste the text into the main body of your email message.
- Due to differences in email software, in some messages the encoding does not transmit correctly when forwarded by the forum. To prevent this, change your message encoding to 'Plain Text,' rather using than 'HTML' or 'Rich Text.'
- Our email networking forums are for the professional, courteous, and educational exchange of information and ideas. The emotion behind a message can be easily misinterpreted - when in doubt, give the writer the benefit of the doubt. Do NOT write and post your message while angry - hit 'SAVE' or 'DELETE' and wait a day to cool off and reconsider. Agreement on a viewpoint is optional, but respectful discourse is mandatory.
- If you have a question, concern, or suggestion about 99s eNetworking Forums, how they function, or about the Code of Conduct and Netiquette, do not post these in any forum. Please contact the 99s eNetworking Committee as listed in the 99s Directory or at email@example.com.
The eNetworking Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOPPs)
are available on The 99s website, in the Members Only section
Questions? Please contact the forum administrator